Whoa. That is the only way to describe attending CES. For those of you who don’t know CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies and where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. For 50 years, CES has been the launch pad for new innovation and technology that has changed the world. [CES]
This year we attended and saw hundreds of the newest gadgets and cameras on the market. While all of them were exceptional, we picked our favorites and we thought we’d share them with you!
1. Polaroid Pop
The new Polaroid Pop instant digital camera is an integrated printer using ZINK® Zero Ink Printing Technology. This gives users the ability to automatically print full color photos in the iconic 3×4” format with the Polaroid Classic Border Logo resulting in a 3.5×4.25” print. The Polaroid Pop also features a traditional digital camera experience. The camera includes a 3.97-inch touchscreen LCD for framing shots and navigating the camera’s menu, a 20-megapixel CMOS sensor and dual LED flash for high quality images, image stabilization, as well as 1080p full HD video recording capability. All images and video are stored on a micro SD card (up to 128GB). The Polaroid Pop can quickly and easily connect to a mobile device using a dual Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chip, transforming the camera into an instant photo printer. [More]
2. Giroptic iO 360 – $249.99
Who’s ready to get out of the frame and live every moment in 360? The Giroptic iO is a compact smart phone camera for shooting and sharing precious moments instantly in 360 degree. [More]
3. Selfie Drones:
Hover Camera Passport – $599
- Designed to be flown out-of-the-box, Hover Camera Passport’s AI actually makes flying this camera a cinch. Capable of capturing 4K Video & 13MP Photos, and breathtaking panoramic shots up to 360 degrees. The Hover Camera Passport is foldable and portable, and is under 0.52 pounds which requires no FAA registration. With the ability to follow you autonomously you can capture precious moments from unique perspectives.
Hobbico C-Me – $199
- This selfie micro drone, about the size of a smart phone and can fit in your pocket, is capable of shooting photos and video. It features an 8-megapixel camera with a flash that is capable of recording 1080p full HD video. The drone also has image stabilization and can fly for 10 minutes at up to 6 and a half feet, allowing you to achieve selfie footage perfection! Oh and did we mention it is capable of shooting 360?
4. Canon G9X Mark II – $529
Beauty and style outside. Advanced technology inside. Whether you’re snapping an unforgettable moment on the go or recording an epic video with your friends, the PowerShot G9 X Mark II camera combines an ultra-slim design with high-performing features for incredible image quality and easy portability. Packing a powerful 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel* CMOS sensor into a pocket-friendly size, it’s powered by the DIGIC 7 Image Processor for fast operation and features built-in Bluetooth®** connectivity for easy sharing. With the PowerShot G9 X Mark II, it’s easy to capture the precious times of your life in a stylishly stunning way. (Available in brown and black)
5. GoPro Karma Drone – $799
What sets the Karma drone from GoPro apart from others is its ability to capture amazingly smooth footage in the air, handheld or body mounted. This versatility alone puts it on our favorites list. On top of being easy to fly, Karma goes with you. It folds into its own lightweight, compact case that’s comfortable to wear during any activity.
6. Nikon 5600 – Starting at $699
- Large, 24.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor delivers high quality photos and videos in nearly any condition
- Always connected to your smart device with SnapBridge for seamless transferring, sharing and remote camera control
- 3.2-inch Vari-angle touch LCD lets you swipe, pinch, zoom and even set focus with your fingertips, just like a smart phone
- Advanced 39-point Auto Focus system quickly acquires focus where you want it
- Wide ISO range from 100-25,600 lets you shoot from dawn to dusk with confidence
- Full HD 1080 at 60p video capability with built-in stereo sound
7. Moshi Arcus Backpack – $199
Moshi’s Arcus is a lightweight, full-sized backpack that carries all of your gear in a stylish and modern design. Its bold top contour forms a crush-resistant compartment for storing sunglasses, headphones, and other delicate items. Arcus’ top-loading design unzips to reveal a main compartment spacious enough for a jacket, shoes, workout clothes, books, and more, while a side-loading panel offers quick access to difficult-to-reach items at the bottom. The full-length device compartment cradles your electronics such as a laptop (up to 15″), tablet, and smart phone with independent shock-absorbing pockets. For heavier loads, Arcus includes an adjustable sternum strap for extra stability and comfort. There are also plenty of attachment points on the shoulder straps for carabiners, smartphone mounts, or other strap-on accessories. The bag’s elasticized side pocket holds a tripod, umbrella, or water bottle for quick grabbing on the go. On the backside, two discreet zippered pockets add an element of security by keeping important items such as a passport or wallet close to your body. Padded Airmesh fabric lines the shoulder straps as well as Arcus’ back support for excellent ventilation. The versatility doesn’t stop there; a DSLR camera insert (sold separately) turns Arcus into a professional camera bag to transport your laptop, DSLR body, lenses, tripod, external flash, and other camera accessories on any photowalk or day trip. [More]
8. Samsung Lifestyle TV
While these may look like framed photos, they are actually TV’s. The Lifestyle TV’s from Samsung are cool, not only because of their slim design and framing, but for the fact that when they are in standby mode they appear as paintings or photographs on the wall. This way the TV can integrate into your lifestyle and home, instead of having your living room centered around the TV.