Big Shoot is an autumn weekend adventure in the beautiful Arkansas Ozarks, brought to you by Bedford Camera & Video, Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Fujifilm. Explore Devil’s Den State Park, try out some new gear, attend classes and photowalks, and enter your snapshots into our Big Shoot Photography Contest. All skill levels of photographers and outdoor enthusiasts are welcome, and everything is FREE to attend. Big Shoot 2019 is scheduled for Friday, November 1 and Saturday, November 2. We hope you can join us!
Cabins and campsites at Devil’s Den are officially booked up, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on any of the adventure. Check out our full schedule of events. Pick and choose what you would like to attend, or join us for the full weekend! Note that times or details on the schedule may be subject to change.
5:00pm Fri. – 6:15pm Sat. | Bedford Camera associates & Vendor Reps on hand! Network, get your questions answered, and try out the latest gear from Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Fujifilm. Canon is providing free prints of your best shot! Loaner gear must be returned by 6:00pm on Saturday.
Friday, November 1
5:00pm | Check-In and Big Shoot Photography Contest Kickoff (Located at the Large Pavilion)
5:00pm | Chili dinner provided by the Photographic Alliance of Fort Smith
6:30pm-8:30pm | Class with Fujifilm Rep Jamison Ford
Join Fujifilm Technical Specialist Jamison Ford for a class on travel, landscape, and wildlife photography. Jamison will discuss the challenges of photographing while on excursions, domestic or abroad. Learn how to create images in new and unfamiliar places, how to plan for your pictures, and how to really “see” where you are traveling to make unforgettable images. Jamison will talk about his process for choosing equipment, whether for personal vacations or photographic adventures.
9:00pm | Lighting Class with Sony Rep Joshua Needham
Saturday, November 2
Sunrise Photowalk with Canon
1:00pm | Photo Hike with PSNWA & photographer Joseph Sparks
The Photographic Society of Northwest Arkansas along with accomplished nature photographer and hiker, Joseph Sparks, will be leading a photo hike to Moonshiners Cave and waterfall after Saturday lunch.
6:00pm | All loaner gear due back to vendors by 6:00pm
Big Shoot Photography Contest (All day – ends at 11:59pm 11/02)
Photography Contest Details
- Photos submitted must be taken at Devil’s Den between Friday, Nov. 2 at 5:00pm and Midnight on Saturday, Nov. 3.
- Only one entry per category, per photographer.
- Color or Black & White
- Images must be in JPEG format when submitted
- Upon registration, you will be given a link to upload each image to, or you can go to any Bedford Camera & Video location and they will assist you in the uploading process to submit your entries.
- Must be registered and have a copy of your card with you during shooting.
- Must follow all park rules, directions, and laws that pertain to that location.
- SAFETY IS FIRST, and upon registration you are assuming all responsibilities and agree to hold harmless Bedford Camera & Video, and the Park Service.
First Place Prize: $250 Bedford Gift Card
Second Place Prize: $150 Bedford Gift Card
Two Honorable Mention Prizes: $50 Bedford Gift Card
Park camping and cabin reservations are fully booked. Camping is not required to participate in Big Shoot! The closest hotel accommodations will be in south Fayetteville, AR.
Devil’s Den State Park
11333 West Arkansas Hwy. 74
West Fork, AR 72774
Register for Big Shoot 2019 here.
Photo by Springfield assistant manager Rick Orrell.